Plasmatronics Dingo 40A Solar Charge Controller D4040P
The D4040P is a durable, Australian Made and well respected solar charge controller. It handles 40 Amps of solar panels (480W @12V, 960W @24V, 19200W @48V), to charge batteries, with a 40 Amp separate load circuit. These are ideally adapted for 4×4 or Caravan use, and also great for Australian small solar setups, or for those solar projects around the house, farm, or commercial premises. Lots of great extra functions: generator switching, load switching, remote devices and more. Positive Ground type Solar Controller.
- Plasmatronics Dingo 40A Solar Charge Controller D4040P
- 12V-48V switching Regulator
- 40 Amp Solar Charge Controller (Regulator)
- Up to 40 Amps Solar Panel current Input
- Up to 40 Amp Load
- LCD Display 512 Day History
- Durable, low maintenance
- 12, 24, 32, 36, 48V Systems
- Positive Ground #See below for an explanation of this
- Six Terminals
- Optional PLI Interface for remote computer software
- can control generators, night lights, back-up battery charging
- MODBUS Interface
- Adjustable: All settings are adjustable, and are stored in non volatile memory so you don?t lose your custom set up if the unit needs to be disconnected from the battery.
- Display: User friendly LCD display. Each number has a label.
- Energy metering: Daily Load and Charge Ah plus State of Charge, all recorded for 512 days.
- Four Stage Regulation: Boost, Absorption, Float, and Equalisation available as appropriate for the battery type.
- History: Records Charge and Load Ah, Max and Min battery voltages, SOC, and Float times for the last 512 days. You can tell how much energy was really collected and used. This history can be very useful when diagnosing a system problem.
- Generator Control: A generator controller is included
- Remote control: A remote display allows all functions to be accessed remotely.
- Data Comms: Communication with a computer is possible via the optional interface. This allows fast downloading of all data and adjustment of settings. Can be used via a modem for remote sites etc.
- Protection: Protected against short circuits, reverse flow, and lightning. Low battery load disconnect function built in. Current limiting in the event of over temperature or over current. Full conformal coating protects against corrosion.
- External Shunts: Up to four external shunts can be added.
# “Positive Ground” is suitable for 4×4 use
Plasmatronics have clarified explicitly that the D4040P is suitable for 4×4 or caravan use, where the vehicle chassis is a negative ground. Therefore, if the D4040P is to be installed on a 4×4, then it should not have any of its terminals grounded to the vehicle chassis, where that chassis is connected to a battery negative. All wiring should be properly insulated from the vehicle chassis, and fuses used to protect circuits.
(The purpose of a “positive ground” (as opposed to a “negative ground” found in the D2020), is to assist grounding of the D4040P if electrical interference is a problem, in a positive ground type system. For example, stationary equipment with a battery positive to ground-earth connection, say remote solar powered sensing equipment.)