Victron BlueSolar MPPT 100v/50A Solar Charge Controller
The 100/50 MPPT can take up to 100 volts DC (VOC), which means up to 2 to 3 solar panels in series. And up to 50 Amps battery charging current, which translates ( P (Watts) = I (Amps) x V (volts) ) to 700 Watts of Solar panels at 12 volts (battery) and 1400 Watts of solar panels at 24V battery voltage. (It takes a bit more than 50A, about 58A.)
Maximum Power Point Trackers alter the solar panel voltage electronically, to hunt for the best voltage/current combination, or the “maximum power point”, meaning they can usually outperform basic PWM charge controllers by about 30% in solar capture. The 100/50 MPPT can even be programmed with your smartphone, via an add-on bluetooth dongle. Especially in the case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers. Suits 12V or 24V batteries.
Overview of Specification
Model: MPPT 100/50
- BlueSolar 100V Max Solar (VOC) input, 50 Amp MPPT solar charge controller for 12V and 24V batteries.
- MPPT: Maximum Power Point Tracking
- Fully programmable charge algorithm
- 12V/24V Auto Select Battery voltage
- 50 Amp Solar Charge Controller (Regulator)
- Up to 50 Amps Solar Panel current Input (~700W/12v * 1400/24v)
- Up to 50 Amp Load
Low voltage load disconnect
- Over-temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high.
- PV short circuit and PV reverse polarity protection.
- PV reverse current protection.
- Internal temperature sensor
- Weight: 1.3kg
- IP43, Suitable for outdoor mounting
- 5 Year warranty
- Durable Electronics, protects from the environment
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) controller. Increases charge current by up to 30% compared to a PWM controller.
- Intelligent Battery Charge voltage settings.
- Three stage battery charging (bulk, absorption, float).
- Protected against over current.
- Protected against short circuit.
- Protected against reverse polarity connection of the solar panels and/or battery.
- With low voltage load disconnect output.
- Data connection port VE.direct